Labels

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

PET SEMATARY by Kevin Kölsch & Dennis Widmyer

The Plot: Dr. Louis, his wife Rachel and their two kids go to live to Maine, in a house near a pet cemetery. When the family cat dies, an old neighbor takes Louis behind the cemetery, to a strange land where everything that is buried returns to life, with terrible consequences for everyone involved.

The Movie: To tell you the truth I don’t remember much of the 1989 movie adaptation of the Stephen King novel, but at the time I wasn’t complete convinced by it. 30 years later arrives this new version and, although I think is darker than the original, it still didn’t conquer me.
I like the story and the movie has an eerie quality on the cemetery scenes that I really enjoyed, but there’s little suspense and it’s emotionally cold. I believe that the cast is the main cause it doesn’t work. Jason Clarke never convinces as a devoting father and John Lithgow has seen better days; the kids are irritating and Amy Seimetz, as Rachel, isn’t very good. 
Although I think the story of Rachel’s sister wasn’t necessary, it gives the movies some of his best creepy moments. It’s a pity that the spooky mask used by the children are never explored, but I did love something: the dark finale. 

My Rate: 5 (from 1 to 10)




No comments:

Post a Comment