Labels

Saturday, January 19, 2019

ESCAPE ROOM by Adam Robitel

The Plot: Six strangers are invited to participate on a “escape room” game, but soon they discovered that the game is for real and they must fight for their survival.

The Movie: I didn’t expect much from this movie; I thought it was a new CUBE or SAW, but, fortunately, it’s better than those movies. 
If, like me, you have been in an escape room you know you’re at a mercy of the people who’ll open the door when the game ends, and, for me, it was claustrophobic. Now imagine that, suddenly, you realize you’re at the mercy of people with bad intentions who don’t have any intention of letting you escape. That’s the premise of this horror thriller and, thanks to a group of interesting characters and a logic approach, director Adam Robitel manages to build some suspense and get our attention.
The cast lead by Taylor Russell and Logan Miller gives believable performances, making us care for what might happen to their characters. It’s not a new classic, but I enjoyed the ride.

My Rate: 6 (from 1 to 10)


No comments:

Post a Comment