Labels

Sunday, November 4, 2018

THE ENDLESS by Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead

The Plot:Two brothers who, ten years ago escaped from an UFO death cult, return to the place where they were raised to face the truth behind it.

The Movie:Well, I guess that by now the readers of my blog already know I’m not a big fan of slow movies. This one is part of those slow and long (do they really needed almost two hours to tell the story?) movies, that kind of drags along the way to end in less than 10 minutes of climax (I know, some people climax in less time, but that’s out of context, sorry).
I haven’t seen Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead previous movie, SPRING, but I believe their movie would benefit from a better editing. The story is intriguing, and the influence of H. P. Lovecraft is evident. What kept me awake was the fact that I was really curious about what was going on and the subject of religious cults always got my attention. Call me crazy, but I detected some homoerotic tension between the characters of Justin (the older brother) and Hal (who may be the cult leader).
The two directors are, among other things, the main actors of the movie and they are all right. Tate Ellington as Hal and Callier Hernandez as Anna are convincing in their roles and the rest of the cast isn’t bad.
I enjoyed the strangeness of the movie, but I believe it could have been much better, in fact the material deserved better.

My Rate: 5 (from 1 to 10)




No comments:

Post a Comment